Isn't blogging like that though? No one wakes up one day and thinks, "One day I'll have written a thousand posts". You just wake up one day and it's happened. And wasn't I the girl who said she'd never start a blog?
Who am I? :-)
Alright, anyway. I was thinking about some things I've written over the past year. I write a lot about green living (duh) and I write a lot about my family or little projects I do around the house (that doesn't happen often). I do write quite a bit about lessons I'm learning so I can make myself feel better (isn't that what blogging is for?). But I don't actually write a lot about myself because, well, that makes me feel weird. I don't talk a lot about myself either (unless I'm talking to my mom. sorry mom).
So I stole this idea from another blogger (and she probably did the same thing) to write 100 facts about myself. But 100 seems like a WHOLE LOT. I don't even know if I can think of that many things. But I'll try and we'll see what random number I get to.
Here goes nothin'.
100 Random Things About the Writer Behind Organic Homemaking
1. My full name is Amanda Kay Sills.
2. My dad apparently picked my middle name and, at 24, I'm still not happy about it.
3. But for some reason, I sign all my blog posts as 'Amanda Kay'.
4. I was born in Southern IIllinois but spent my childhood in good ole stinky Decatur, IL.
5. I moved to Newburgh, IN when I was 12. A town I still love. :-)
6. My first real job was at a chiropractic office.
7. And despite being a seriously immature teenager, my boss never fired me (thanks Dr. Shaun!) and I worked there for 5 years. Loved working there because...
8. When I was little, I had awful ear infections all the time. Seriously. Until my mom took me to the chiro...and I've not had one since I was a little kid.
9. In other words, I love totally believe in chiropractic care.
10. And I also love books because I worked at Barnes and Noble too (and not nearly long enough, I might add).
11. Thanks to B&N, I can make a mean Carmel Macchiato.
12. My favorite movie is Beauty and the Beast. Nothing beats the Disney animated version.
13. My least favorite movie is The Ring (that I only watched 15 minutes of and had to stop cuz I'm a scared-y cat).
14. I'll just add that I almost hate any scary movie, except for, well...I can't think of any!
15. I'm in love with all things Jane Austen.
16. And you probably already know that because I seem to mention it in lots of posts.
17. My favorite 'classic' as of right now is probably Jane Eyre. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.
18. It was the first book I read on my Kindle which I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.
19. I used to be a magazine-aholic but I'm only slightly addicted now.
20. I also used to read Vogue, Elle and InStyle.
21. Now I read Better Homes and Gardens, Country Living and Whole Living.
22. I'm getting old....ok, old-er.
23. I don't love cleaning but I find it therapeutic.
24. My favorite is laundry. Least is dusting (that's my mom's fault I'm pretty sure).
25. My house is never as clean as I want it to be.
26. But I'm much more relaxed than 4 years ago.
27. Notice, I said 4 years (when I married Rod) and not 2 (when I had Isaac).
28. But my husband has made me a better (more likable, haha) person.
29. On our first date, he took me to see The Incredibles.
30. On our second first date (that's a long story), we saw The Fog remake.
31. And he fell asleep in the theater.
32. Oh, but I love him!
33. Our favorite movie to watch together: The Addams Family
34. And sometimes he calls me 'Tish' in tribute of our movie.
35. It always confuses me. Who is 'Tish'? Oooohhh. Morticia. Duh.
36. He also calls me 'love blossom special'. I. Don't. Even. Know.
37. But I seriously love it.
38. My hubby and I are total opposites.
39. So my life is never boring.
40. My kids are total opposites too. In, like, every possible way. No joke.
41. I play one instrument, the piano (sorry, I switched gears).
42. I have to hear everything I play first or I'm totally lost.
43. I enjoy playing Beethoven.
44. I enjoy listening to Chopin (oh, his waltzes make me swoon).
45. I'm in a One Republic phase.
46. Oh and Florence + the Machine! Can't get ENOUGH!
47. I did not inherit the 'art' gene in my family. My brother did :-(
48. I make up for it by putting his art in my home.
49. I can't think of anything funnier than King of Queens.
50. Did I mention we don't have t.v channels anymore?
51. I don't miss it at all.
52. Well, I might miss HGTV....
53. What I lack in television knowledge, I make up for in cell phone know-how.
54. I'm not as bright as some (of course) but I can hack my phone :-) Yep.
55. Don't worry... I didn't. (ahem, Sprint, that was for you).
The last time I curled my hair, I had to get a picture of it. It's that rare. But it seems to make me happy!
57. Now I get exhausted thinking about hot rollers.
58. I also wouldn't have been caught dead in public without make up. I wish I was kidding.
59. Sometimes, I look in the rear-view mirror and think, "This is so embarrassing. Couldn't I at least put on mascara?"
60. My insecurities are still a work in progress.
61. I haven't started a garden yet. Why?
62. I loathe summer.
63. And I hate bugs.
64. But I love the Farmer's Market. :-)
65. And I love fall.
66. But not as much as winter! Yes!
67. Why? Because I adore making soup.
68. It's the only thing I make really well without trying.
69. I also love scarves.
70. And fireplaces.
71. And the smell of burning wood.
72. And cozy quilts.
73. And snow....this list could go on and on and on.
74. HATE humidity.
75. HATE, HATE, HATE bugs. (Sorry Lord. I do try very hard).
76. I don't mind butterflies and ants. That's about it.
77. I have a sweet cat named Wednesday (I told you we love Addams Family).
This was not mutual love. But she eventually won him over.78. She turned me into a cat lover.
The old days when she got to sleep on the couch.
79. We also have a Pug/Beagle mix, named Coline (pronounced co-leen). She's a goof ball dog. And she looks sad all the time.
80. She's snoring in the kitchen while I write this post.
81. Because it's supposed to storm tonight and she's a big scared-y cat...
82. I love thunderstorms.
83. I hate flooding (amen, anyone?)
84. I've never been in an earthquake.
85. Or a tornado.
86. And I've never been stung by a bee.
87. But I'm seriously terrified of wasps. Majorly terrified. I'd rather kill a spider.
88. I've never been to a public high school. I was homeschooled since 5th grade.
89. I almost went to Taylor University after I graduated. Wasn't meant to be.
90. I was going to be a doctor (ah to dream). Wasn't mean to be either.
91. I always said I'd never get married.
92. Or have children.
93. Or be a teacher.
94. But instead, I got married at 19.
95. Had two kids by 23.
96. And we will homeschool, so I'll be a teacher (all moms are teachers really).
97. I think maybe I should stop planning my life.
98. God's much better at it.
99. Thanks for reading my really long, random list. You're such a trooper.
100. The End. :-)
Wow! I made it all the way through! I'm pretty sure I cheated :-)
Happy 100th post to me!